About Knob Hall
Over two hundred years ago, four brothers came to America from Germany in search of the American Dream. They first settled outside Lancaster, PA, but the times for that area were very turbulent as this was during the French and Indian War. During an attack on local settlers, one of the women in the party was scalped – and survived. Soon after, the Seibert brothers decided to leave Lancaster in search of more peaceful places. Jacob Seibert settled here, in the Cumberland Valley, beneath the forested slopes of Fairview Mountain. His property was named “Good Neighbor Farm” or “Knob Hall”.
Making the best use of the land has been a goal of the Seibert Family. While the house at Knob Hall has been added onto several times, it still stands as a testament to this philosophy.
The barn which will house our tasting room and event space was originally built around 1860, utilizing wood and stone from the property, is another example of solid construction built to persevere through time.
It only took 200 years to plant a vineyard at Knob Hall. Approximately 30 acres of vines have been planted along the gentle slopes of limestone-rich soil. The planted varietals have been carefully chosen to reflect the “terroir” of this land and include Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Albarino, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Traminette, Vidal Blanc and Viognier.
Our winery production building, a new structure, will be state-of-the-art and feature a gravity-fed system which will capture the essence of high quality grapes from our vineyards and under watchful eyes turn it into premium quality wine.
Knob Hall is an estate winery, producing high quality wines from grapes harvested from our vineyards, maintaining a tradition of sustainable agriculture.
Wine tastings and tours are only a part of the experience at Knob Hall. Come be a part of the history of this estate:
- Enjoy a picnic under a 300 year-old white oak while listening to local musicians
- Enjoy music by popular groups during our summer concerts
- Party at our “Winestock” festival while raising money for breast cancer awareness and research
- “Adopt” grape vines and/or barrels
- Learn to prune grape vines
- Pour wines at our festivals and events
- Enjoy a massage while relaxing with great wines
- Stomp grapes at harvest
- Have fun participating in our many wine clubs
- Pick grapes during harvest
- Relax and connect with nature while enjoying wine
- Have your wedding, family reunions and other events on the property
Knob Hall is a winery for generations: past, present and future. Come be a part of the experience!